In this episode of our podcast series, Dialogs, we speak to Bob Hennessy. Bob has been associated with technology-enabled business change for over 40 years and worked in executive management roles over the last 23 years as a CIO, COO, and CEO. In the interview, we speak in-depth about Design for Manufacturing in construction: what it is, its challenges, benefits, & more.
- 0:58 - Elevator pitch for design for manufacturing (DFM)
- 02:28 - Bob’s story
- 06:54 - Difference between DFM and DFMA
- 08:40 - Challenges with DFM
- 17:05 - Reasons companies wouldn’t do DFM
- 23:28 - Change drivers towards DFM
- 28:34 - Benefits of DFM
- 30:38 - What project managers or directors can do
- 34:19 - Resources/examples of DFM
- 36:21 - Project Production Institute, an institute for Project Management premised largely on DFMA tenants.
- 38:05 - What’s next for Bob?
- 42:34 - Bob’s Books and Podcasts Recommendations
Bob’s Book Recommendations
Measure What Matters by John Doerr
Good to Great by Jim C. Collins
American Assassin Series by Vince Flynn
Jack Reacher Series by Lee Child
Click here to see our other episodes